Photoshop maker Adobe today announced availability of a major update to its Creative Cloud suite of applications, which brings out the previously previewed content-aware crop in Photoshop, performance enhancements across Creative Cloud, new features in Adobe Stock, and various updates to other apps in the suite.
Adobe Stock sports deeper integration within other CC apps and now provides access to a new Premium collection of high-quality stock content. With one-click workflows, Adobe Stock users can put a stock image on their canvas with a click.
Adobe said that Stock users will soon gain new monetization opportunities with the ability to upload, showcase and sell their work via the service directly from desktop and mobile applications including Adobe Lightroom CC, Adobe Bridge CC, Photoshop Fix and Photoshop Mix.
“Also coming soon is Adobe’s new Stock Contributor Portal, which will feature intelligent auto-tagging capabilities saving hours of keywording,” said Adobe.
The Stock service now includes over 55 million royalty-free, high-quality photos, videos, illustrations and graphics, including nearly 100,000 curated images which meet the standards of top advertising agencies, leading brands and digital and print publications.
New Creative Cloud features
Among other features, Creative Cloud desktop apps for subscribers include:
- Content-Aware Crop in Photoshop, which automatically fills in the gaps when you rotate or expand a canvas beyond the original image size.
- Face-Aware Liquify in Photoshop, an easy way to create artistic effects with facial features using the Liquify Tool while keeping the face in proportion.
- Match Font in Photoshop, an innovative font recognition technology that has the ability to recognize and identify licensed fonts and automatically suggest fonts available on your computer system or available to license through Adobe Typekit.
- Character Animator Preview in After Effects CC, which matches an animated character to a real life actor’s speech and movements, was first showcased on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in the host’s recurring “Cartoon Donald Trump” (1:30) interviews and most recently by The Simpsons animation team in the episode that aired May 15, 2016.
- New Virtual Reality (VR) features in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, including “field of view” mode for previewing content.
- Adobe XD Preview, Adobe’s new experience design tool is now available in German, French, and Japanese.
- Fast Export of assets and artboards in Adobe Illustrator CC, allowing users to export assets to multiple formats and resolutions with a single click.
- Photoshop productivity enhancements, including a four times performance improvement when working with the Font Menu and three times improvement for Content-Aware Fill.
Here’s Photoshop’s content-aware crop in action.
Pricing and availability
Updates to the Creative Cloud desktop apps are now available for download by Creative Cloud members as part of their membership at no additional cost. Membership plans start at $9.99 per month and are available for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises.