As it has done every December since 2009, Apple has published an iTunes page today highlighting the top performing downloads in its various digital storefronts. The page covers everything from apps to games, to books and movies.
Apple named Duolingo, a free app that teaches you how to speak in different languages, its iPhone App of the Year and the popular ‘Ridiculous Fishing – A Tale of Redemption’ its iPhone Game of the Year. More top picks after the fold…
Apps and Games
- App of the Year (iPhone): Duolingo – Learn Languages for Free
- Game of the Year (iPhone): Ridiculous Fishing – A Tale of Redemption
- App of the Year (iPad): Disney Animated
- Game of the Year (iPad): Badland
- Artist of the Year: Justin Timberlake
- Album of the Year: The Heist by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Song of the Year: Royals by Lorde
- Breakthrough Artist: Kendrick Lamar
- Best Movie: Gravity
- Best Animated Movie: Despicable Me 2
- Best Male Performance: Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 Years a Slave
- Best Female Performance: Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine
- Best in Fiction: Tenth of December by George Saunders
- Best in Nonfiction: One Summer by Bill Bryson
- Best Teen Novel: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson & Ben McSweeney
- Best Made for iBooks: Breaking Bad: Alchemy by Sony Pictures
There’s a few categories and several honorable mentions that aren’t listed here. So when you get a second, it really is worth looking over the entire ‘Best of 2013’ page in iTunes, which you can access by clicking here.
What do you think about this year’s top picks?