Apple just announced its financial results for Q4 2012, and is now finishing up its earnings call. As promised, we’ve put together a list of some of the more interesting bits from the call to pass on to you.
Among that list, is the fact that Apple added $4 billion to its growing cash pile last quarter, bringing its cash total to more than $121 billion. It also sold a stout 44 million iOS devices during that time…
- Apple now has $121 billion in cash
- 44 million iOS devices sold in the quarter
- More than 100 million iPads sold to date
- 1.3 million Apple TVs sold in the quarter
- More than 5 million ATVs sold in 2012 fiscal year
- China now accounts for 15% of Apple’s revenue
- iPod share is still 70%+ of MP3 player market
- 190 million iCloud users
- Now more than 700,000 apps in the App Store
- Record quarter for app sales
- Record quarter for iTunes sales, $2.1 billion
- New iTunes launching soon
- There’s now 390 Apple Stores worldwide
- Apple Stores see average of 19,000 visitors per week
- iPhone 5 will be be in 100 countries by December
Again, this wasn’t really a blockbuster quarter for Apple in terms of sales numbers. But that’s more or less because it was a transitioning period for most of the company’s products.
Apple refreshed nearly every one of its product lines in the last two months, and even unveiled a new tablet. So between that and the holidays coming up, we suspect a strong finish to the calendar year.