The moment we’ve all been waiting for is here. Tim Cook is now on stage at the California Theatre, and after years of rumors and speculation, it would seem that Apple is finally about to announce the iPad mini.
As usual, Cook has started off the event by rattling off a number of interesting statistics regarding Apple’s recent milestones and accomplishments. We’ve got a list of all of the numbers after the break…
- iPhone 5 has been the fastest selling phone in history
- Over 3 million 5th gen iPods sold thus far
- 200 million devices running iOS 6 in first month
- Fastest upgrade rate of any software in history (that Apple’s aware of)
- Apple has served over 125 million documents in the cloud
- Users have sent more than 300 billion iMessages, 28,000 per second
- More than 70 million photos shared via Shared Photo Streams
- 160 million Game Center players
- There’s now more than 700,000 apps, 275,000 of them are iPad specific
- Customers have now downloaded 35 billion App Store apps
- 1.5 million iBooks now available
- Customers have downloaded 400 million books
- The Mac has been outgrowing PC market for last 6 years
- Mac is the #1 desktop and #1 notebook in the US
- More than 100 million iPads sold to date
- iPad counts for 91% of tablet web traffic
- Apple sold more iPads in June quarter than any PC manufacturer sold of their entire lineup.
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.