In a surprising move, Peter Hajas has released his last version of the popular iOS notifications jailbreak replacement, MobileNotifier. We covered another blog post of Peter’s yesterday, in which he declared that he was leaving as the head of the development team for MobileNotifier.
Right after we reviewed Beta4, MobileNotifier Beta5 “Ecstatic Eggo” has now been released in Cydia. And Peter is calling Beta5 the most “revolutionary release since the project’s inception.“
Whether he has left MobileNotifier to join Apple or not, something interesting is definitely going on with Peter Hajas and MobileNotifier.
Here’s how Peter prefaced the MobileNotifier Beta5 release,
“After all the press surrounding my last post, I had to do something. Instead of confirm or deny anything, I decided to do something. Something big.
I’m presenting the final release of MobileNotifier that I’ll have a part in before my absence. MobileNotifier beta5,Ecstatic Eggo. This release is big in more ways than one. It’s the most revolutionary release since the project’s inception.”
So, what’s new in Beta5?
- MobileReply. Reply to text messages while within other applications! It works like magic!
- Full message text! Read everything in the alert, not just the first few words.
- Redesigned minimalist alert display!
- A brand new AlertDashboard!
- Dismiss alerts right from the popup! Hate going into the dashboard to remove alerts you’ve just archived? Simply hit the “X” in the popup to dismiss them for good!
- Recall the most recent alert easily with an Activator action. Then use MobileReply to reply to it!
- Way way faster.
What’s been fixed?
- Lockscreen no longer displays if you have it set to “off”
- Various small bugfixes.
- Did I mention way way faster?
If MobileNotifier wasn’t already good enough, it just got nearly perfect. The new design and usability improvements address almost all of the previous issues that hindered MobileNotifier from being the best notifications replacement for iOS.
Namely, in Beta5, you can now quick reply to incoming SMS messages without going into the Messages app (much like biteSMS). The process of deleting and working with multiple notifications has also been streamlined.
Here’s a video from Peter Hajas about MobileNotifier Beta5:
A huge thanks to Peter and the MobileNotifier development team for putting together another solid release of a very powerful notifications replacement. We don’t know for sure where Peter Hajas is going with his future endeavors, but we wish him the best.
You can download MobileNotifier Beta5 for free from Peter’s repo: phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo