If you’re one to enjoy fun or quirky sounds when interacting with your iPhone in one way or another, then chances are you’ll appreciate a free jailbreak tweak called BoopBoopBoop by iOS developer Hoangdus.
Designed especially for sound-based feedback lovers, BoopBoopBoop allows the end user to map alternative sounds to various actions so that you’ll hear those sounds every time you perform the action in question.
Among the different things you can configure custom sounds for with BoopBoopBoop are passcode sounds, charging sounds, and locking sounds, just to name a few.
Once installed, BoopBoopBoop adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure the tweak to their liking:
Among the different things that a user can do here include:
- Enable or disable passcode sounds entirely
- Toggle custom passcode sounds on or off
- Choose between one of three passcode sounds
- Enable or disable the passcode keypad button sounds
- Choose between three different intensities
- Enable or disable wrong passcode sounds entirely
- Toggle custom wrong passcode sounds on or off
- Choose between one of three wrong passcode sounds
- Enable or disable plug-in charging sounds entirely
- Toggle custom plug-in charging sounds on or off
- Choose between one of three plug-in charging sounds
- Enable or disable unplug charging sounds entirely
- Toggle custom unplug charging sounds on or off
- Choose between one of three unplug charging sounds
- Enable or disable locking sounds entirely
- Toggle custom locking sounds on or off
- Choose between one of three locking sounds
- Enable or disable unlocking sounds entirely
- Toggle unlocking sounds on or off
- Choose between one of three unlocking sounds
- Respring your device to save any changes you’ve made
While the options may feel limited compared to other sound effect tweaks, it’s still worth checking out if you’re not already using one because it’s free of charge and offers some customization for something that doesn’t ordinarily have the capacity to be changed.
If you’re interested in trying BoopBoopBoop out on your own, then you can download it for free from Hoangdus’ personal repository via your favorite package manager app. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 devices and is open source on the developer’s GitHub page for anyone interested in learning more about what makes it tick.
Those not already taking advantage of Hoangdus’ personal repository can add it to their package manager of choice by using the URL provided below:
Do you plan to customize any of your iPhone’s system sounds with BoopBoopBoop? Let us know in the comments section down below.