Another day, another series of updates regarding the status on the Odyssey Team’s upcoming rootless Cheyote jailbreak tool for iOS & iPadOS 15.0-15.1.1 devices.
In the latest string of updates, Odyssey Team lead developer CoolStar took to the official Sileo / Taurine / Odyssey Discord channel to share tidbits of working features on the jailbreak thus far, in addition to an updated to-do list.
Based on some of the teasers, it would seem that CoolStar has successfully gotten the Cheyote Recovery interface up and running, which includes features such as Safe Mode, Startup Repair, Telnet/SSH, and Normal Boot. In a later screenshot, CoolStar confirmed that Safe Mode does indeed still work as anticipated on iOS 15.
The updated to-do list notes that the following tasks related to developing this jailbreak have already been completed:
- Breaking out of sandbox
- Getting root
- Getting read/write access to filesystem (except rootFS)
- Breaking AMFI/codesign
- Running shell commands (some bugs remain)
- Getting OpenSSH running
- Getting legacy Odyssey launchd injection working
- Adding USB Ethernet debug support
- Getting Userspace reboot working
- Getting Cheyote recovery working
- Getting system services started properly after a Userspace reboot (some bugs remain)
- Putting a bounty out for an iOS 15 jailbreak tweak to install for testing
- Running tweak in SpringBoard
The following items on the to-do list still need to be completed:
- Fixing dyld hook
- Fixing Userspace reboot bug so that manual intervention isn’t required
- Making sure injection works inside of App Store apps
The continued progress hasn’t slowed down any, and the persistent teasers are reminders that the Cheyote iOS & iPadOS 15.0-15.1.1 jailbreak will be released very soon — albeit no specific ETA has been provided for obvious reasons.
iDB will continue to keep our readers apprised of progress on the Cheyote jailbreak tool. In the meantime, be sure to read our F.A.Q. post to familiarize yourself with how the new rootless jailbreak dynamic may or may not impact your jailbreak experience.
Are you excited about all the progress that appears to be surrounding the Odyssey Team’s long-awaited iOS & iPadOS 15.0-15.1.1 jailbreak tool? Let us know in the comments section down below.