With its rich customization features, iOS 16 isn’t nearly as boring as nay-sayers would have you believe. In this video, we discuss why iOS 16 is such a great update.
- Contrary to what you read online, iOS 16 isn’t boring. It’s a big, exciting update that brings many user-requested features, including rich customization.
- iOS 16 is packed to the gills with visual customization on the lock screen. Remember the times when everybody’s lock screen looked the same?
- In this video by our Michale Billig (@michael_billig), we make the case why iOS 16 is actually such a great update. You might want to give it a quick look so that next time someone says iOS 16 is boring, you can hit them with counter-arguments.
Video: Reasons why iOS 16 is great
Who says iOS 16 is boring? Some folks are indeed pushing such a narrative. Only short-sighted people are incapable of seeing beyond the thrills of heavily-advertised tentpole features. In reality, both iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are awesome updates that offer many new features. What’s more important, Apple appears to be listening to its customers more than ever before—iOS 16 is packed with the little things and under-the-hood improvements, many of which are features people have been asking for for years now (such as the ability to recall a message or edit a message).
If you like this video, consider watching our previous ones:
- Every new Apple Watch face and feature in watchOS 9
- Lesser-known features in iOS 16
- iPhone features powered by iOS 16 intelligence
- iOS 16 tidbits
- Our first look at iOS 16
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to iDownloadBlog on YouTube, and please do so with post notification turned on (hit the little bell icon). Doing so will not only ensure you’ll receive a notification every time we publish new content to the channel but also help influence the algorithm to promote our work to more people.
Customization is the name of the game
As if that wasn’t enough, iOS 16 continues Android-like customization that began with custom keyboards in iOS 10. That trend has continued with home screen widgets in recent releases so here we are today, with a heavily customizable lock screen in iOS 16 and a bunch of other customization options that you’ll find peppered throughout the operating system if you just scratch under the surface.