Are you in the market for a multi-device iPhone charging stand? Twelve South’s new HiRise 3 is a versatile wireless charger that can charge three devices at once.
- The HiRise 3 is the latest incarnation of the versatile iPhone charging stand from Twelve South, which makes premium accessories for Apple devices.
- It enables you to wirelessly charge three devices simultaneously, such as two iPhones and AirPods or your iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods.
- This versatile iPhone stand, available in matte black or white to compliment your room’s aesthetic, is compatible with all MagSafe iPhones (iPhone 12 and newer).
This is Twelve South’s most-versatile charging stand
Designed “for your three most important devices,” the new HiRise 3 from Twelve South has wireless charging pads for a MagSafe-enabled iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods. The AirPods pad uses the ubiquitous Qi protocol, meaning you can also charge another phone on it, like a non-MagSafe iPhone (iPhone 11 and older) or an Android phone. Read: How to share Wi-Fi passwords from your iPhone to Android
The whole things takes up less desk space than an iPhone, according to Twelve South, and uses only one plug. You can connect the stand via USB-C to any 20-watt or higher power adapter (a 1.5m USB-C power cable is included in the box). The iPhone charging pad is angled comfortably to let you glance at notifications/apps and easily touch that snooze button without lifting the phone. Your phone is suspended in an upright position that’s perfect for FaceTime calls.
HiRise 3: Wireless charging specifications
Twelve South says that HiRise 3 will simultaneously charge your iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch from dead to 100 percent in about 2.5 hours total. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on your iPhone model.
- Magnetic wireless charger
- Power output: 10W
Works with: All iPhone 12 and 13 models (including the mini, Pro and Pro Max), AirPods Pro with MagSafe charging case
- Power output: 10W
- Base wireless charger
- Power output: 5W
- Works with: AirPods Pro, AirPods 3, AirPods with wireless charging case, all iPhones and other smartphones that use Qi-based wireless charging
- Apple Watch wireless charger
- Power output: 3W
- Works with: All Apple Watch models (including Series 1-7 and SE)
In case you missed it, the three-watt charger works only with Apple Watches.
Is this your new multi-device wireless charger?
With ten watts for MagSafe iPhones, just five watts for Qi devices and three-watt charging for your Apple Watch, the new HiRise 3 definitely isn’t among the fastest wireless chargers out there. It tries to make up for that with great design, small footprint, versatility and convenience. And there are some nice touches, too. As an example, the front pad is 82 percent larger than puck chargers for added stability.
All in all, this could be your new go-to wireless charger for both work and home. And it should be perfect for overnight charging on your nightstand— if you don’t mind the fact that wireless charging is much less power-efficient than wired charging.
Pricing and availability
The HiRise 3 is available in matte black or white via Twelve South’s web store, and will soon come to Amazon and other third-party sellers. This new iPhone charging stand accessory from TwelveSouth will set you back $99.99. Your purchase is backed by a one-year warranty and Twelve South’s 30-day return policy. The company also offers free shipping for US orders $49.99 or more.