Apple’s forthcoming iOS & iPadOS 15.4 update introduces dozens of new Emojis. But if you’re using an older version of iOS or iPadOS, as is likely the case if you’re jailbroken, then you wouldn’t ordinarily be able to use them.
Image via Emojipedia
In today’s tutorial, we’ll show you how to port Apple’s new iOS & iPadOS 15.4-centric Emojis to older versions of iOS and iPadOS with a handy jailbreak tweak called EmojiPort by iOS developer PoomSmart.
To get the new iOS & iPadOS 15.4 Emojis on your jailbroken iOS or iPadOS 14 device, you’ll need to install a number of packages from your preferred package manager. We’ll outline the steps you should take to do so below:
Getting iOS 15.4 Emojis on iOS 10-14
The first thing you’ll need to do is add PoomSmart’s personal repository to your package manager if you’re not already using it.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we’ll use Cydia, but adding sources to other package managers should be mildly similar. Simply follow these steps:
1) Launch the Cydia app and open the Sources tab:
2) Tap on the Edit button, then tap on the Add button.
3) Enter the following repository URL:
4) Tap on the Add Source button and wait for your sources to load.
5) Tap on the Return to Cydia button to move on with installing the iOS 15.4 Emojis:
Now that you’ve added PoomSmart’s repository, you’ll just need to install the support packages that will port the iOS 15.4 Emojis to your handset. To do that, continue following these steps:
6) Open the Search tab and then type EmojiPort into the search bar:
7) Tap the package that corresponds to the version of iOS you’re running. In our case, we have iOS 14.8, so we’ll tap on the EmojiPort (iOS 12.0-14.8) package.
8) Tap on the Modify button:
9) Tap on the Install button.
Notice that Cydia adds the necessary dependencies to the queue automatically.
10) Tap on the Continue Queuing button to add another package to the queue:
11) Tap on the < Search button to return to the search field:
12) Type Emoji iOS 15.4 into the search bar and then tap on the corresponding package after it appears:
Note: If you are using iOS or iPadOS 14, then you will install the basic EFM package. If you are using iOS or iPadOS 10-13, then you will install the EFM, iOS <14 package instead.
13) Tap on the Install button:
14) Tap on the Confirm button:
Cydia will now install EmojiPort, EmojiFontManager, Emoji iOS 15.4 (EFM), and other dependencies. Wait for it to complete.
15) Tap on Restart SpringBoard when the installation completes:
16) Navigate to Settings → EmojiFontManager and tap on Emoji_15.4.font, and then tap on Respring ❄️:
And that’s it!
Now that you’ve installed and enabled the iOS 15.4 Emojis on your device, you should be able to send and receive these Emojis regardless of the version of iOS or iPadOS already installed on your iPhone or iPad. They’re available in the native Emoji Keyboard as you’d come to expect:
Was that easy or what? If you liked the content of this tutorial, then please drop a comment below letting us know.