This quick tutorial shows you multiple ways to see the remaining battery of your AirPods and its case using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, Apple TV, Android, and Windows PC.
3 ways to check AirPods battery on iPhone and iPad
1. Open the charging case lid to see AirPods battery
1) Make sure Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. You can enable it from the Control Center or the Settings app.
2) Bring your AirPods charging case near the iPhone or iPad and open its lid. In a few seconds, you’ll see a nice screen showing you the charge status of both your AirPods and its case.
3) To see the battery level of an individual AirPod, take one of them out of the case and wait for a couple of seconds.
2. See AirPods battery using the Home Screen widget
On iOS 14 and later, you can use the Batteries widget to constantly see and keep track of your AirPods battery. Head over to our dedicated post on using Home Screen widgets and add the Batteries widget. After that, the widget will display the AirPods battery when:
- You open the case lid.
- When AirPods are connected and in your ears.
- When AirPods aren’t in your ears, but outside their case with iPhone Bluetooth enabled.
How to see AirPods battery from the lock screen?
If you add the Batteries widget to the Today View, you can swipe right on the Lock Screen to see the AirPods battery percentage.
3. Ask Siri to tell you the battery percentage
Call Siri by any method and ask, “What’s the battery percentage of AirPods?”
How to see AirPods battery percentage on Apple Watch
When AirPods are connected to your Apple Watch, you can see the remaining battery from the watch Control Center. Here’s how:
1) Swipe up from the bottom of the watch face to bring up the Control Center. If you’re inside any other app, press the bottom of the watch screen and then swipe up.
2) Tap the battery percentage button. It’ll show the battery percentage for the AirPods next to the name. If you put one or both AirPods in the case and keep the lid open, it’ll display the battery for the charging case as well.
3 ways to see AirPods battery on Mac
Here are three ways to see the battery percentage of AirPods on your Mac.
1. See AirPods battery from Mac’s Menu Bar
1) Make sure AirPods and Mac are nearby. Now, open the case lid and click the Bluetooth icon from the menu bar or macOS Control Center. It’ll show the battery percentage of the AirPods and the case.
2) If AirPods are already connected to the Mac, click the AirPods icon in the menu bar to see the remaining battery.
3) On older versions of macOS, you may have to click Connect before you can see the left, right AirPods and case battery percentage.
2. Use System Preferences
1) Click the Apple icon > System Preferences.
2) Click Bluetooth.
3) If AirPods are connected, you’ll see the battery level (not the exact percentage).
3. Using AirBuddy
Do you love the animation screen you see on iPhone and iPad when opening the AirPods case lid? If you want the same on your Mac, you can use the paid AirBuddy app (until Apple adds this cool feature into macOS). The app also offers extra features like low battery or charging complete notifications, keyboard shortcuts, battery usage stats, and more.
How to know AirPods battery on Apple TV
To see AirPods battery percentage on Apple TV, press and hold the TV button on the remote to open up the Control Center. Next, click the AirPlay button, which will show all AirPlay devices and also display the battery level of the connected AirPods.
Tip: If your iPhone or iPad’s Bluetooth is on, the Batteries widget will show the AirPods battery percentage even when AirPods are connected to your other devices like Mac or Apple TV.
How to check AirPods battery on Android
You can use AirPods like any regular Bluetooth earbuds on your Android phone. But it won’t show the battery percentage like it does on iPhone or like normal buds do on Android. To address this, you’ll have to use third-party apps from the Play Store. Some apps to see AirPods battery percentage on Android are AirBattery, MaterialPods, and OpenPods.
How to check AirPods battery on Windows
On Windows, regular Bluetooth earbuds show battery levels. But AirPods doesn’t. To address this, you can use third-party apps like Bluetooth Battery Monitor, which allows you to see your AirPods battery percentage on Windows PC.
Your AirPods warns you on their own
When the AirPods battery level reaches 10%, you hear a tone. And it chimes once again when the battery is finished and AirPods turn off/disconnect.