Your iPhone’s wallpaper is arguably one of the most personal things you’ll customize on your handset right out of the box. Having said that, it’s a popular thing even for jailbreakers to customize.
One thing worth staring, however, is that jailbreakers do things a little differently. Rather than using boring motionless wallpaper images, jailbreak tweaks can apply unique effects to your wallpaper images that you simply can’t experience on a stock handset.
One such example comes by way of a new jailbreak tweak called Eva by iOS developer ren7995, which offers beautiful parallax wallpaper effects and a whole lot of other options that will make all your non-jailbroken friends drool over your jailbreak.
So how does it work? In essence, you can set ultra wide images as your iPhone’s wallpaper and then watch as the wallpaper pans across your screen each time you scroll over to a different Home Screen page.
The animated GIF above depicts what the effect is supposed to be like, and the demonstration video below provided by the developer offers an even more valuable look at what can be accomplished with Eva:
Once installed, Eva adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure the tweak however they want:
Here, you can:
- Toggle Eva on or off on demand
- Adjust the wallpaper movement sensitivity via a slider
- Enable or disable continuous scrolling (without paging)
- Enable or disable randomized wallpaper images
- Manually refresh your wallpaper if the current one doesn’t tickle your fancy
- Save your current wallpaper to the Camera Roll
- Enable automatic wallpaper refreshing
- Set a time (in minutes) for automatic refreshing
- Enable or disable adaptive wallpapers (one for dark mode and one for light mode)
- Configure a default wallpaper image
- Configure a light mode wallpaper image
- Configure a dark mode wallpaper image
- Get more wallpaper images
- Reset all options to their defaults
- Respring your device to save all changes you’re made
Thanks to the extension options provided by Eva, you can use wallpaper images you designate for yourself or you can let the tweak find randomized ones for you. Best of all, it can discriminate between light mode and dark mode, allowing you to set different wallpapers for each.
If you’re interested in going hands-on with Eva, then you can purchase the tweak for $1.49 from ren7995’s personal repository via your favorite package manager. You can also take advantage of a free trial called Eva Light, which packs fewer options. Both tweaks support jailbroken installations of iOS & iPadOS 13 and 14.
Those who aren’t already using ren7995’s repository can add it to their package manager of choice via the following URL:
Do you plan to work some jailbreak magic on your handset’s wallpaper with the new Eva or Eva Lite jailbreak tweaks? Be sure to let us know in the comments section down below.