Folks excited for the big iOS 14.5 update won’t have to wait much longer for its release. In a footnote of its AirTag press release, Apple noted that the new accessory will require the update, which would be landing on devices sometime next week.
For those who haven’t been paying attention to on beta recaps, here are some of the new features to expect in iOS 14.5:
- a new ‘Items’ tab in the Find My app for tracking AirTag and other supported accessories
- Apple Watch iPhone unlock for when you have a mask on
- Support for the new PS5/ box Series X controllers
- Waze-like crowdsourcing features in Apple Maps
- Some new/updates to Siri voices
- Support for Apple Card Family
- New Emoji
- Some changes in the Apple Music app
And of course, it makes sense that alongside the release of iOS 14.5, Apple plans to push out iPadOS 14.5, macOS 11.3, watchOS 7.4 and tvOS 14.5 next week as well.
Apple this morning announced a slew of new products, including redesigned iMacs, a super powerful new iPad Pro, a new AirTag accessory and a new Apple TV with updated remote. Stay tuned to iDB today and the rest of the week for more coverage of today’s announcements.