Apple on Tuesday announced a long overdue update to its Apple TV hardware line. The refresh brings about a performance bump with Apple’s A12 Bionic chip and a completely redesigned Siri remote.
What you need to know about the new Apple TV 4K:
- It includes Apple’s new A12 Bionic processor, which will be a big deal for hi-res content and gaming
- It supports high frame rate HDR, AriPlay in Dolby Vision and Wi-Fi 6
- New feature allows you to auto balance the colors on your TV using your iPhone, so you get the best picture
- And then of course the all-new Siri remote
What you need to know about the new Siri Remote:
- It’s larger than the previous design
- The new innovative clickpad control offers five-way navigation for better accuracy, and is also touch-enabled for fast directional swipes
- Siri button has been moved to the side of the remote to match the iPhone
- Independent mute and power button, which can turn you TV on and off, so this is the only remote you need for watching
The new Apple TV 4K will be available starting at $179. You can order it Friday, April 30, with availability beginning in the second half of May in more than 30 countries and regions, including the US.