Apple TV+ announced the documentary series Dear… in January of 2020. In May, we got our first trailer for the docuseries and in June it finally launched. And now, months later, the streaming service has renewed the series for a new batch of stories.
Apple TV+ on Friday officially announced that it has renewed Dear… for a second season. The docuseries will retain the format it debuted with its first season. An unscripted show retelling stories of groundbreaking individuals.
The first season included the likes of Oprah Winfrey and Lin-Manuel Miranda, Spike Lee, Elmo, and others. The second season will keep the high-profile celebrities as well. The official announcement today confirmed the upcoming season will have 10 installments in the second season.
Apple TV+ will debut the second season of Dear… sometime later this year. No exact date yet, and no trailer was revealed, either. But, here are the faces you’ll see in the upcoming second season:
- Academy, Emmy and Tony Award-winning actress and producer Viola Davis
- Multi-platinum recording artist, actress and producer Selena Gomez
- Two-time Academy Award-winning actor, producer, New York Times best-selling author and activist Jane Fonda
- Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Ava DuVernay
- Emmy, Tony and Grammy Award-winning actor and singer Billy Porter
- Former Vogue creative director and journalist Andre Leon Talley
- Golden Globe and SAG Award winner, and Emmy Award-nominated actress Sandra Oh
- Renowned waterman Laird Hamilton
- The NBA’s all-time leading scorer and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Viewers will get to see cinematic biographies of these individuals. But the twist here is that the biographies are told along with letters sent to these individuals by people who have had their lives changed in some way by them.
R.J. Cutler returns to helm the series, as well as produce it. Todd Lubin, Jane Cha, Donny Jackson, and Jay Peterson are also producing.
You can check out the first season of Dear… on Apple TV+ now. You can check out the trailer for the first season below.
Did you enjoy the first season? Looking forward to the second?