In this week’s edition of our Apps of the Week roundup we have a minimal note-taking app, a full-featured task manager, and a shared voting app. And as always, we’ve selected two great games for you to check out.
If you’ve been reading this column for a while, you know I’m a sucker for sharp-looking, minimal todo/note apps. Purelist fits the bill and I really like its line-by-line search feature.
Doneit: Organize Your Tasks
I don’t love listing two productivity apps back-to-back like this, but Doneit also deserved a mention. It’s the opposite of minimal, but it still looks good and it’s nice there is a Mac app.
Agree is a shared voting app that allows you to quickly poll your friends and family. It’s loaded with features like a swipe-to-vote mechanism, push notifications for results, keyboard shortcuts and more.
Ohhhh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea? That’s right, SpongeBob SquarePants. How could I not mention this release? It’s a fully licensed remake of the popular console game with controller support, high-end visuals, and no IAPs!
This is a weird one but the screenshots and premise swung me. It’s a meditation-esque game, where you collect points by matching shapes together. Play against the computer or compete with a friend in 2-player mode.
- YouTube, Gmail, Search, Maps and other major Google apps still missing Apple’s privacy labels
- Beeper messaging app offers iMessage on Android, Windows and Linux
- The best photo printing apps for iPhone and iPad
- It’s once again possible to side-load unsupported iOS apps on M1 Macs
- Apple Maps brings VolunteerMatch integration in time for Martin Luther King Jr. Day