You have a few different ways you can customize the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. One is to change the wallpaper for your home and each of the rooms in it. Another is to change the icons that display for your accessories.
While not ever accessory’s icon can be changed, there are several that can. We’ll show you how to switch out the smart home accessory icons in the Home app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
You’ll be able to spot those accessory icons that you’re able to change easily. They will be inside of a square with a border.
Some types of icons that you can change include lights, light bulbs, and smart locks.
Change the accessory icons in Home on iOS
Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and then follow these steps to change the accessory icons.
1) From the Home screen or one of the Room screens, tap and hold an accessory.
2) When the controls screen displays, tap Settings (gear icon) at the bottom.
3) Next to the accessory name, tap the icon.
4) Select the icon you want to use and tap Done.
You can then close the accessory settings window by tapping the X on the top right.
Change the accessory icons in Home on Mac
Open the Home app on your Mac and then do the following to change the accessory icons.
1) From the Home screen or one of the Room screens, right-click or hold Control and click the accessory you want to change and select Settings.
2) Next to the name of the accessory, click the icon.
3) Select the icon you want to use and click Done.
You can then close the accessory settings window by clicking the X on the top right.
Wrapping it up
Changing the icons for the accessories you use in the Home app is just one of those small ways to personalize the app. Whether you change a light bulb to a floor lamp or a padlock to a digital lock, the icons can also help you spot the accessory you want to control faster.
Are you going to change your accessory icons?