Apple announced today that some of its most popular offerings from its Services division, such as the App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and iCloud, are now available to more customers around the world.
The App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and iCloud are now available in 20 more countries. Apple Music is available in an additional 52 countries around the world.
Apple Services availability
According to the announcement, the App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and iCloud are now available in the following countries:
- Africa: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Libya, Morocco, Rwanda, and Zambia
- Asia-Pacific: Maldives and Myanmar
- Europe: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia
- Middle East: Afghanistan (excluding Apple Music) and Iraq
- Oceania: Nauru (excluding Apple Music), Tonga and Vanuatu
Apple Music has expanded to these countries and regions:
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Chad, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Tunisia
- Asia-Pacific: Bhutan.
- Europe: Croatia, Iceland and North Macedonia
- Latin America and the Caribbean: the Bahamas, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Turks and Caicos and Uruguay
- Middle East: Kuwait, Qatar and Yemen
- Oceania: Solomon Islands
New subscribers in these countries will be treated to a six-month free trial of Apple Music.
The press release quotes Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and International Content (also taking over as Beats president) as saying:
We’re delighted to bring many of Apple’s most beloved Services to users in more countries than ever before. We hope our customers can discover their new favorite apps, games, music, and podcasts as we continue to celebrate the world’s best creators, artists and developers.
The App Store is now available in 175 countries and regions. Apple Music is now available in 167 countries and regions and offers over 60 million songs. Apple Podcasts now features over one million shows in more than a hundred languages and 175 countries and regions. iCloud us now available in 175 countries and regions (it comes with 5GB of free storage and offers paid 50GB, 200GB and 2TB upgrades).
Apple has relied on the Services segment as an additional important revenue source as iPhone and smartphone sales have remained relatively flat for more than two years now.
For a full list of Apple Media Services availability around the world, be sure to check out a support document on Apple’s website.