Bose has updated its support forums (via MacRumors) to indicate that the company is adding AirPlay 2 support to select SoundTouch speakers in the near future. Specifically, before the end of February. Here’s the full list of soon-to-be-updated Bose products, which will add AirPlay 2 to the mix:
- SoundTouch 10
- SoundTouch 20 series III
- SoundTouch 30 series III
- SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier
- Wave SoundTouch music system IV
- SoundTouch 300 wireless sound bar system
- Lifestyle 550 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle 600 home entertainment system
- Lifestyle 650 home entertainment system
When AirPlay 2 arrives for these devices, it will make it possible for the Bose-branded products to support multi-room audio playback. This means they can work directly with other AirPlay 2-equipped devices, including the HomePod and Apple TV. Or even an LG-branded smart TV.
It’s likely that the subsequent software update to add AirPlay 2 to these devices will be a free update, so keep an eye out for it starting next month.
If you own any of these devices, are you looking forward to getting AirPlay 2 on them?