Just like your other devices, you need to clean your AirPods and AirPods Pro now and then. From the ear tips to the case, cleaning up the gunk that accumulates over time will keep those beauties sparkling and working like new.
Here’s how to clean the ear tips and case for your AirPods and AirPods Pro.
Clean the AirPods Pro ear tips
To clear any water in the ear tips, softy tap your AirPods on a dry cloth with the tips facing down. Then, remove the ear tips from your AirPods Pro and do the following to clean them.
- Rinse the ear tips with plain water and be sure not to use any cleaners or soaps.
- Wipe the ear tips with a soft, lint-free cloth.
When the ear tips are completely dry, put them back on each AirPod.
Clean the AirPods case
You can clean the case for your AirPods with a soft, lint-free cloth. If you need more elbow grease, Apple suggests dampening the cloth with isopropyl alcohol.
Be careful not to put anything in the charging ports or use harsh materials to clean the case.
For the Lightning connector, you can use a soft bristle brush to remove dirt and debris.
Other AirPods cleaning tips
- Do not run your AirPods Pro under water to clean them.
- Do not use harsh materials or sharp objects.
- Do not use or put your AirPods in the case until they are completely dry.
- Do not get liquids of any kind in the openings.
- Always use a soft, lint-free cloth.
Wrapping it up
Keeping your AirPods Pro ear tips and case clean, and debris-free, will have them looking and feeling like you just bought them.
Let us know how you’re enjoying your AirPods Pro in the comments below! And remember, you can always ping us on Twitter with your suggestions and tips.