After reintroducing its Texas Hold’em for iPhone back in July as part of the App Store’s tenth anniversary, Apple has now expanded this classic mobile card game to the iPad tablets with support for iOS’s multitasking modes such as Split View and Slide Over.
“Texas Hold’em comes to iPad — enjoy it full screen or play it while you do something else using Split View or Slide Over,” reads the changelog.
Originally released for the iPod music player back in 2006, Texas Hold’em two years later became one of Apple’s first App Store games in 2008. Unfortunately, the title was pulled from the store in November 2011, but Apple revived it in July 2019 with enhancements like high-resolution graphics, new characters and expanded gameplay.
There are 24 computer opponents in Texas Hold’em or you can play with real players over Wi-Fi. The game gets more difficult as you play against computer opponents.
Here are the major features Apple lists for Texas Hold’em:
- Opponents bet, bluff, and have secret tells
- Winning advances you to the next location
- Includes 10 distinctive locations—including Las Vegas, Paris, and Macau
- Bring up in-game hints, tips, statistics, and player ratings
- Texas Hold’em is entirely free-to-play, works online or off
- Play against up to 8 friends with Wi-Fi multiplayer
- Rotate between immersive first-person and top-down gameplay
- Re-designed, re-rendered, and re-built to use high-resolution graphics that look stunning
- Designed for iOS 12 and later
Thankfully, the free game does not include any in-app purchases.
Do you plan on trying it out on your iPad?