When it comes to your health, nothing is more important than getting the answers you need. And when you can’t get to a doctor right away for non-emergency situations, are diagnosed with a condition, or are prescribed a medication, you’re going to have questions.
There are apps for iOS that can help answer those questions. From checking your symptoms to basic first aid, here are the best medical information apps for iPhone and iPad.
WebMD started as a website for medical information and now offers a handy app for your device. Use the symptom checker, look for interactions with medications, and search for drugs, conditions, and more.
WebMD notable features:
- The symptom checker takes you through every step about what you are feeling including your age and gender to give you possible conditions for what you’re experiencing.
- The doctor, hospital, and pharmacy finder helps you locate the medical service you need using your current location.
- The pill identifier lets you find out what type of medication you’re looking at using shapes and colors.
- The search feature lets you look up anything medical or health related to help you get answers.
WebMD is a terrific app and a favorite in this category. It gives you everything from help with injuries to identifying medications to finding a medical service to the latest health news. It’s definitely a helpful app to keep close by.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free
First Aid: American Red Cross
The American Red Cross offers a First Aid app for iPhone and iPad that can help when you need immediate attention for an injury or condition. From bleeding and broken bones to stings and sprains, you can see what to do right away before you head off to the doctor.
First Aid notable features:
- Learn what to do right away with step-by-step instructions and FAQs.
- Prepare for emergency situations like earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods with helpful checklists.
- Take quizzes to test your knowledge for a variety of injuries and emergencies.
- Find the nearest hospital using your current location.
Whether it’s you or a loved one who suddenly suffers from an injury or condition and you need help, the First Aid app can be a life saver. It’s definitely an app to keep on your device.
- Availability: iPhone and iPad
- Cost: Free
Drugs.com Medication Guide
When you need information on medication quickly, Drugs.com Medication Guide is a great go-to source. And the app doesn’t stop there. You can get help with the symptom checker, view drugs by condition, identify pills, and more.
Drugs.com notable features:
- Check for FDA MedWatch Alerts and get news, consumer details, or do a search.
- Look up side effects for medications.
- Use the symptom checker for possible conditions for your current situation.
- Review drug interactions for potentially risky mixtures of medications.
Drugs.com has a nice and clean main screen that lets you get to the feature you want quickly. You can keep a list of your own medications with a free account, compare drugs, and use the Drugs.com savings card at participating pharmacies. For information on medications, Drugs.com is the app you want.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free with in-app purchase options to remove the ads.
Wrapping up these medical information apps for iPhone and iPad
There’s nothing more important than your health. And if you’re going to be prepared for emergencies or just want a handy tool for checking health issues, these three apps are the best ones to have at your fingertips.
Do you use these apps or do you have other medical information apps for iPhone you’d like to recommend? Either way, let us know in the comments below!
These apps are for medical information purposes only and are not replacements for professional medical care. If you or someone you know is experiencing a medical emergency, seek help immediately.