Unveiled at WWDC 2019, the watchOS 6 software update makes your Apple Watch better and more independent than it’s been ever before. Here are iDownloadBlog’s six reasons why watchOS 6 is amazing and how it makes your Apple Watch closer to being its own product.
Here’s a quick list of the features singled out in the video.
- Siri: Web pages in Siri search results.
- Calculator: Built-in calculator on your wrist with a shared bill tip calculator.
- Voice Memos: Quickly record your thoughts by speaking into your watch.
- Mac integration: Approve Face or Touch ID, verify your identification and more on your Mac.
- App Store: Native App Store on your wrist to download apps on the go
- Fitness: You can see a richer view of your data and browse your old workouts.
And now, watch the video from our own Harris Craycraft embedded below.
watchOS 6 advances health and fitness capabilities for all Apple Watch models with many meaningful feature additions and improvements, like a Cycle Tracking feature for women, a decibel meter that protects against hearing loss, Activity Trends etc.
The watchOS 6 software makes your Apple Watch even more independent from its paired iPhone than it used to be with a built-in App Store that lets you search for and view information about apps, as well as download them right to your wrist, no iPhone needed.
Other noteworthy improvements in watchOS 6 include dynamic new watch faces and customizations, a new Audio API for developers to stream music, the new Voice Memos, Audiobooks and Calculator apps and more. Lastly, Siri in watchOS 6 natively supports Shazam so you can identify songs playing around you without installing the Shazam app.
watchOS 6 requires iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later.
Like its predecessor, watchOS 6 drops support for the original (Series 0) Apple Watch.