One of the coolest things, and there are many, about the Apple Watch is that you can pick from a variety of faces. Along with the great options Apple gives you, you can also use one of your own photos as your Apple Watch background, and this tutorial shows you how to do that.
Everyone likes something different as their Apple Watch background. But there is nothing more unique than using your very own picture or collection of photos as your Watch face.
Set your personal photos as Apple Watch face
1. From the iPhone Watch app
1) Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
2) Tap Face Gallery from the bottom row.
3) Scroll down and tap Photos.
4) Scroll to the Content heading and pick:
- Album: By default, the Favorites album is selected. But you can tap it and pick a different one.
- Photos: Tap it and then pick one of the pictures from the iOS Photos app. After that, hit Add.
- Dynamic: If you select this, your watch face will show various images from your recent Memories.
5) After you have used one of the three options, simply tap ADD from the top.
Besides Photos, you can also pick Portraits in step 3 above and use those images as the watch face.
2. From the iPhone Photos app
- Go to the iOS Photos app and open an image.
- Tap the share button and choose Create Watch Face from the Share Sheet.
- Pick one of the options like Portraits, Photos, or Kaleidoscope Watch Face.
- Finally, tap Add.
3. From your Apple Watch
Set one photo as your Watch face
If you just want one specific photo for your Watch face, this is easy:
- Open the Photos app on your watch and find the photo you want to use.
- Tap the share button.
- Scroll down and tap Create Watch Face.
- Select from Photos face or Kaleidoscope face, and the photo you picked is your new Apple Watch face!
Set a photo collection as your Watch face
If you want to use a collection of photos rather than just one, and again, your iPhone isn’t nearby, just follow these steps:
- Tap & hold your current Watch face, then swipe from right to left, and tap New (+).
- Scroll using your Digital Crown until you get to Photos, and tap ADD. You can also tap the Photos option and hit Add Face from the next screen.
What are your thoughts on photos as Watch faces? Do you like the idea? Let us know.
Do more with your Apple Watch: