Accessory maker Mophie today launched Presentation Hub, its latest 6,100mAh portable battery pack that combines a fast-charging USB-C port, two USB-A ports and Qi wireless charging support, allowing the accessory to juice up a total of four devices simultaneously.
A versatile portable charger
The charger integrates retractable wall prongs so it can be connected directly to the AC socket or collapsed when used on the go as a portable battery pack.
A built-in 6,100mAh battery charges four devices simultaneously on the go via these ports:
- 1x 5W USB-A: Use the old USB-A port to charge your iPhone or iPod touch at normal speed using the Lightning to USB cable that came with it.
- 1x 15W USB-A: The higher-capacity QuickCharge 3.0 USB-A port is suitable for charging your iPad at normal speed or your iPhone faster than the included 5W charger.
- 1x 18W USB-C: The 18-watt USB-C port can be used for charging your 2018 iPad Pro and other devices. It supports fast charging via the USB Power Delivery protocol, which lets you go from dead to 50 percent in 30 minutes. You can also connect your iPhone 8 or later to it with a Lightning to USB-C cable to enjoy the benefits of fast charging.
- Q1 charging: A built-in wireless charging mat lets you wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or newer at 5 watts (iOS currently supports wireless charging at 7.5 watts).
The internal battery is charged through the USB-C port.
You’ll also find LED indicators on the enclosure that give you a nice at-a-glance overviews of the current battery level and charging status. And of course, because this is Mophie, you can expect reliability, quality and performance they’re famous for.
Powerstation Hub: key feaures
Here’s a quick overview of the key features:
- Fast-charge USB-C PD: Use the USB-C Power Delivery port to recharge your Powerstation or use that same port to charge a device at the fastest speed possible.
- AC power prongs: No cable needed to charge this Powerstation. With the built-in AC power prongs, you can recharge you Hub simply by plugging into any wall outlet.
- Wireless charging: Never fuss with cables again. Simply place you Qi smartphone on the charging surface and push the button to power to your device.
- Charge multiple devices simultaneously: Charge multiple devices simultaneously with the two USB-A ports, one USB-C PD port and wireless charging surface.
- Compact, portable design: The ultra-portable design allows the accessory to fit easily in your bag so it can charge your devices anywhere.
- Check your status and save battery: Turn your Powerstation Hub on and off with the LED status indicator button or press it to display its battery levels or charge status.
The charger weighs in at 614 grams, or about 21.7 ounces
Pricing and availability
You can order your Powerstation Hub from Mophie starting today for a hundred bucks. The accessory ships with a 1.5-meter AC power cable, a 0.5-meter USB-A to USB-C cable and a travel folio included in the box.
You’re advised to play it safe when it comes to non-authorized, non-branded or otherwise shady chargers you can pick up on Amazon and elsewhere. I’ve had cases in the past when a counterfeit or non-MFi charger would kill my iPhone’s battery.
Mophie, of course, has been creating chargers and other accessories for years now. They’re one of the best Apple accessory makers around so you won’t regret doing business with them.
Folks who have been on the lookout for a tad cheaper option are wholeheartedly recommended to give Nekteck’s 90W USB-C PD-certified power brick with a captive cable a try [review], it’s just thirty bucks on Amazon.
You won’t be able to charge more than one device with the Nekteck charger, and it doesn’t support Qi wireless charging nor does it feature a built-in battery. But if you just need a solid 90W PD charger, you can’t go wrong with the Nekteck.
Your two cents
What do you think about the new Mophie charger?
Does it represent the ultimate in on-the-go charging, do you think?
Let us know by leaving a comment down below.