The artwork that you see for an album not only adds to the visual experience but can help you find the songs or albums you want to listen to much faster. Unfortunately, sometimes that artwork goes missing in iTunes.
You can get it back easily so that you can see it on iTunes on Mac or the Music app on your iPhone and iPad. Here’s how to get missing album artwork in iTunes.
Put the missing album artwork back
Open iTunes on your Mac and then follow these steps.
1) Go to your Library and select Music from the top left.
2) Click Albums on the left and then select the album with the missing artwork.
3) Either right-click on the album or hold Control and click it. Select Get Album Artwork from the context menu.
4) Confirm that you would like to Get Album Artwork by clicking the button in the pop-up. You can also Cancel if you prefer.
If you use the Music app on your iPhone or iPad and want to make sure the missing artwork appears there as well, continue with the steps below.
5) Click File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library from the menu bar in iTunes on Mac.
6) Open the Music app on your device and remove the download with the missing artwork.
7) Tap the cloud icon to redownload the item again. The missing artwork should appear.
More with Music and iTunes
For additional tips and tricks for the Music app as well as iTunes, check out these related articles.
- How to get details about any song on Apple Music with iTunes
- How to create a Smart Playlist of your loved songs in Apple Music
- How to find and remove duplicate songs in iTunes
Wrapping it up
Hopefully this little tip will help you get your album artwork back where it belongs. If you have any iTunes tricks you’d like to share with our readers, feel free to leave a comment below or ping us on Twitter.