Albeit released a very long time ago, one of my favorite utilitarian jailbreak tweaks of all time was PullToRespring because it made it incredibly easy for me to respring my jailbroken handset on demand.
For a while there, it seemed like tweaks of this nature became a thing of the past, but iOS developer ConorTheDev has breathed new life into the concept with the release of a new free jailbreak tweak called
As you might’ve noticed, Dragspring is largely inspired by PullToRespring; in fact, it even works the same way. Upon pulling down from the top of the Settings app and releasing your finger, a respring will commence. As you pull down, you’ll see an animation where the loading circle begins to fill. Once the animation completes a 360-degree spin, you can release your finger.
Dragspring goes a step further than the original by providing users with an added bit of customization. You’ll find a dedicated preference pane in the Settings app where you can set the tweak up however you want:
Here, you can:
- Toggle Dragspring on or off on demand
- Hide or show the spinner’s “Respring” subtitle
- Force the spinner to display a 1-second spinning animation before your device resprings
- Customize the spinner color
- Choose the color you want via a color picker
You’ll see that there’s a Respring button at the top of the preference pane, and you’ll want to use it if you make any changes to the Settings. Respringing ensures that those changes are appended to your device and that you’ll see them the next time you use the tweak.
Dragspring works with all jailbroken iOS 11 and 12 devices and is available as a free download from ConorTheDev’s beta repository in Cydia. If you aren’t already using it, then you can add it to Cydia by following these steps:
1) Launch the Cydia app and go to the Sources tab.
2) Tap on the Edit button and then tap on the Add button.
3) In the text field of the pop-up that appears, type in the following repository URL:
4) Tap on the Add Source button and wait for the repository to load into Cydia.
5) Now you should be able to search for and install Dragspring from Cydia.
Have you downloaded Dragspring yet? Let us know in the comments section below.