There are GIFs everywhere. We see them, save them, and share them from Facebook, Twitter, and even those we receive in Messages or Mail. So, if you want to have some fun, make something memorable, or just get creative with your photos and videos, why not make a GIF of your own?
These are the best free apps for creating animated GIFs on iPhone.
GIF Maker – Make Video to GIFs
GIF Maker gives you total flexibility to create a GIF from photos, bursts, videos, live photos, or your camera. Plus, you can make your creations loop, play in slow motion, or use time lapse.
GIF Maker notable features:
- A GIF collection within the app that you can use if you like and then open the editor to make it your own.
- Use the Editor to adjust direction and speed, add text, apply a filter, include a sticker, or change the canvas size.
- Share your GIFs directly to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Messenger. You can also email, copy, or save them.
- Helpful settings for Auto Save, GIF and video quality, and file type.
GIF Maker – Make Video to GIFs is extremely easy to use and an impressive free GIF creator. You can make GIFs from your selected media source or start with an in-app one, use a nice editor with tons of options, and save or share your creations in a number of ways.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and iMessage
- Cost: Free with in-app purchase subscription options that provide new content weekly, the ability to create unlimited GIFs, access to all stickers and premium fonts, and ad-removal.
PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker (GiftsArt)
PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker is another terrific GIF creator that lets you use photos, videos, or your camera. Pick your source to get started and then make adjustments for the perfect GIF.
PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker notable features:
- Use the Editor to adjust the speed, change the canvas size, apply an effect, include a sticker, use a mask, or add text.
- Share your GIFs directly to Instagram, Facebook, Messenger, or WhatsApp. You can also use your device saving and sharing options.
PicsArt GIF & Sticker Maker is simple but effective for creating quality GIFs quickly and easily.
- Availability: iPhone
- Cost: Free
ImgPlay – GIF Maker
ImgPlay offers similar options as GIF Maker for creating your GIFs. Choose from videos, photos, live photos, other GIFs, bursts, Moments, or your camera to get started.
ImgPlay notable features:
- Trim, rearrange, or reverse the frames.
- Use the Editor to add text, apply a filter, or rotate the GIF.
- Share your GIFs directly to Messages, Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, or Twitter. You can also email, copy, or save them.
- Select the GIF or video quality and add looping before sharing, saving, or sending.
ImgPlay – GIF Maker is a nice free app for creating GIFs with good features. It may not have a built-in collection or stickers, but what it does have works well.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, and Android
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase for the Pro Upgrade which provides various filters, watermark removal, and ad-removal.
GIF Maker by Momento
One more free GIF creator you’ll want to check out is GIF Maker by Momento which lets you use live photos and videos.
GIF Maker by Momento notable features:
- Add AR effects or music to your GIFs.
- Use the Editor to apply a filter, adjust the speed and direction, change the contrast or brightness, apply an effect or filter, trim, zoom, or include another GIF from GIPHY.
- Save and share GIFs in different formats and HD or Ultra HD. Share to Messages, Instagram, Messenger, Facebook, a URL, or your device sharing options.
GIF Maker by Momento is the only free app on our list that lets you add AR effects and tunes to your GIFs. So, if that’s what you’re looking for, look no further than GIF Maker by Momento.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple TV, and Android
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for subscription plans that provides unlimited access to music, stickers, and effects and removes the watermark.
Wrapping it up
Are you ready to create some cool, funny, or memorable GIFs right from your iPhone now? Hopefully one of these excellent free apps is just what you want. If you have a different one you’d like to recommend, please feel free to comment below!