Apple announced in a press release yesterday that its first store in Thailand is scheduled for grand opening this coming Saturday, November 10, at 10am local time. Apple Iconsiam, as it is called, will open in Bangkok on the shores of the Chao Phraya.
For the first time ever, customers in Thailand can now experience Apple products, in-store programming and services inside a spacious retail store, elevated above the “River of Kings” in the heart of Bangkok. Located alongside storied sites and cultural landmarks, the store creates an open, airy atmosphere effacing boundaries between interior and exterior.
“As customers walk in through a sweeping curve stone entry, their journey continues to the lush roof garden, where they can admire local art, participate in a Today at Apple photo or sketch walk, or simply enjoy iconic views of Bangkok,” reads Apple’s description.
Some of the store’s key features include:
- More than 100 employees will welcome Thai customers.
- Customers walk in through a sweeping curve stone entry.
- Two expansive glass facades connect the store to the river and the city.
- Trapezoidal design lines and glass surfaces accentuate the beauty of the surroundings.
- Free “Today at Apple” sessions, designed to inspire and educate visitors.
- The new mixed-use ICONSIAM Center seamlessly connects to an outdoor roof terrace.
- The Avenues displays new Apple products for maximum convenience and accessibility.
- A tree-lined Genius Grove with personalized tech support mirrors the flora of the outdoor terrace.
Like other flagship stores, Apple Iconsiam will carry the full lineup of the latest Apple devices including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and Apple Watch Series 4.
Apple’s chief of retail Angela Ahrendts was quoted as saying:
Bangkok is a cultural and economic destination for the entire region and home to millions of passionate Apple customers. We are thrilled to introduce our Thai customers to ‘Today at Apple’, our full line of products, our phenomenal employees and the service and support that are loved by customers around the world.
Local customers can sign up for free “Today at Apple” sessions at apple.com/today.