Depending on how much you’re dying for a fresh aesthetic, you may want to try a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed SoftCalc by iOS developer CydiaGeek.
With SoftCalc, you can give the native Calculator app a fresh coat of paint. Once installed, you’ll find a preference pane in the Settings app where you can set up your preferred color scheme and play with a few other options:
Among the things you can do here are:
- Toggle background color on or off
- Choose a background color
- Toggle keypad background color on or off
- Choose a keypad background color
- Toggle text color on or off
- Choose a text color
- Disable Calculator app rotation
- Disable the scientific keyboard on rotation
- Hide the Status Bar from the Calculator interface
As you can see, the tweak offers more than just color customizations; you can also tweak the app rotation behavior and choose whether the Status Bar appears in the app.
The developer notes that resprings aren’t necessary to save your changes, but we’d still recommend force-closing the Calculator from the App Switcher and restarting it after making changes for the best experience.
If you’re ready to install SoftCalc on your handset, then you can do so from Cydia’s BigBoss repository. The tweak works on all jailbroken iOS 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 devices.
What colors will you apply to the Calculator app with SoftCalc? Share in the comments section below.