For all those Pokémon aficionados out there, PokeCall is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Frozen Penguin that makes your iPhone’s incoming call interface look more like a battle screen from the classic Pokémon games.
In the screenshot examples above, you can see examples of how PokeCall replaces the stock incoming call interface in iOS with a Pokémon-centric look and feel.
Right off the bat, anyone who may have played the classic Pokémon games on their favorite handheld as a child should be feeling some extreme nostalgia about now; after all, that’s where the tweak sourced much of its aestheic from.
As the developer notes in the Cydia description, the commands perform the following actions:
- Fight – Answers the call
- Run – Declines the call
- Hide – Minimizes the call screen to a non-intrusive call banner
- Switch – Restores the stock call screen
And for those curious about what the call banner looks like, here’s a quick glance:
PokeCall lets you configure what appears in your incoming call screen from the preference pane that gets added to your Settings app:
Here, you can:
- Toggle the tweak on or off on demand
- Switch between Gold/Silver/Crystal game interfaces
- Choose a Pokémon to represent yourself (1st or 2nd generation)
- Choose a Pokémon to represent your contact(s)
- Configure Pokémon-centric ringtone(s) to match the aesthetic
- And much more…
If you happen to be a serious Pokémon nut, then PokeCall should be the next tweak you install on your jailbroken device. The tweak is available for $2.00 in the Chariz repository and works on all jailbroken iOS 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 devices.
How do you feel about the redesigned incoming call interface? Let us know below!