Apple on Monday unveiled the next major software update for its iPhones and iPads: iOS 12. The update brings about a number of new features and improvements, including faster performance, group FaceTime calling with up to 32 people, tons of new stuff for AR and Animoji, and much more.
On the surface, and in screenshots, iOS 12 looks almost identical to its predecessor. This is one of those updates you really have to go hands-on with to understand the changes. So that’s exactly what we did. Here is our video expert Harris giving a hands-on overview of iOS 12 on iPhone and iPad.
New iPhone features in iOS 12
New iPad features in iOS 12
iOS 12 is currently available in beta form to registered developers, and is expected to launch to the public this fall.
Check out more of our iOS 12 coverage:
- WWDC 2018 roundup: everything you need to know
- Apple brings iPhone X gestures to iPad with iOS 12
- Apple seeds first developer betas of iOS 12, macOS Mojave, tvOS 12 and watchOS 5
- iOS 12 and digital well-being: screen time reports, app limits, grouped notifications & more
- Group FaceTime finally arrives on iOS 12
- iOS 12 includes new Animoji features and personalized Memoji characters
- Apple Books in iOS 12 arrives, alongside changes to News, Stocks and Voice Memo apps
- Apple announces Shortcuts, a Workflow-like automation app for iOS
- WWDC 2018: Apple announces iOS 12 for iPhone and iPad with focus on performance