Pixelmator Pro hit Mac App Store less than two weeks ago and already the app has received several updates which fixed initial bugs and improved performance. On Monday, the Pixlemator team released version 1.0.4 of the app, bringing additional fixes and improvements.
Here’s what’s new in Pixelmator Pro 1.0.4 for Mac.
Pixelmator Pro 1.0.4 changelog
This update includes the following fixes and improvements:
- The last used Layers view will now be used for all new images
- You can now press the Space bar to use the Hand tool while making selections with Free, Polygonal and Magnetic Selection tools
- The Unite, Subtract, Intersect and Exclude buttons for editing vector shapes are now available when using the Arrange tool
- Copy Style, Paste Style, Unite Shapes, Subtract Shapes, Intersect Shapes and Merge Shape Components are now available in the Layers view shortcut menu
- You can now press Command-Option-A to select all the layers in an image
- The performance of the painting tools has been improved
- Brushes like Varnish should now be much faster, more improvements are also coming
- You can now undo guide movements
- Several related fixes improve the reliability of cursors
- Edit > Cut will now clear selected areas
- Canvas Size will now work with negative values when Relative is selected
- When exporting presets using the preset shortcut menu, only a single preset will be exported
- The Color Fill tool color picker will now be canceled if you press the Escape key
- Trim Canvas will now work correctly with masked layers
- Document PPI will now be preserved when saving
- Fixed an issue that caused Pixelmator Pro to stop responding when resizing the canvas with an active selection
- The Grid will now be displayed correctly with all PPI settings
- Hidden layers will no longer become visible when merging
- The template chooser will now show template details by default
- The Open Recent menu will no longer show nonexistent images
- Your scanned images will now be imported once a scan has been completed
- A range of additional stability fixes and improvements
The update is free to existing users of the app.
The best Photoshop alternative out there
Featuring a beautiful one-window dark-themed user interface and full support for modern Mac technologies built into macOS, such as iCloud, Versions, Tabs, Full Screen, Split View, Sharing, Wide Color and more, Pixelmator Pro lets you nondestructively edit Apple’s HEIF image files, layered Photoshop documents, RAW files and images in all the most popular formats, such as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA and JPG-2000.
The app includes a Photos extension and uses machine learning for some smart features, like the ability to give layers descriptive names, straighten images intelligently, remove objects from your photos with stunning realism and make accurate selections with ease.