Aside from nearly two-dozen bug and security fixes and various under-the-hood improvements, iOS 11.2 brings support for the faster 7.5W wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X and the Apple Pay Cash peer-to-peer payment feature.
Released on December 2, 2017, the iOS 11.2 software update is compatible with any iPhone model from iPhone 5s onward, including iPad Air and later and the sixth-generation iPod touch.
To update your device to the latest available version of iOS over the air, go to Settings → General → Software Update and follow the onscreen instructions. You can also apply the update using your computer: connect your device to a Mac or Windows PC, select it in iTunes, then select the Summary tab and click the Check for Update button.
You can download iOS 11.2 directly from our Downloads section.
Here’s what’s included in the update.
iOS 11.2 release notes
iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Apple Pay Cash (US only)
- Send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri
Other improvements & fixes
- Changed the appearance of 17 emojis
- Adds support for faster 7.5W wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications
For information on the security content of iOS 11.2, read Apple’s support document.