Developed and ported to the iOS platform by Feral Interactive, Codemasters’ triple-A hit racing game GRID Autosport is now available on iPhone and iPad as a premium $9.99 download from App Store following its Mac App Store release in November 2016.
GRID Autosport for iOS comprises the complete game and all the add-on content, allowing you to compete in the world’s most exciting cars on motorsport’s most challenging circuits.
The game provides iPhone X support from day one and includes 100 cars and 100 circuits, with more available in the form of free of charge In-App Purchases. I know developers sometimes unjustly tout “console-grade graphics,” but GRID Autosport is not one of those games—it looks awesome with pin-sharp visuals and 60 FPS performance.
It has touch and tilt controls and supports “Made for iOS” (MFi) gamepads, which is great.
The available game modes include:
- Tuner—Drive your Super Modified motor over its limit in Drift and Time Attack events.
- Touring—Lead the pack by driving with aggression and determination in full-contact races.
- Endurance—Test your mental strength and physical stamina in extended night-time races.
- Open wheel—Accelerate to 200mph while perfecting your racing line in lightweight racing machines.
- Street—Ramp up the fear factor on perilously tight city circuits.
- Party mode—Battle to become the last car standing in Demolition Derby, get the farthest in Checkpoint and make sure you stay out of last place in Eliminator.
GRID Autosport requires a minimum of six gigabytes of free storage space on your iPhone or iPad, with eight gigabytes recommended to avoid installation issues. Supported hardware includes iPhone SE or newer, the 9.7-inch iPad (2017 or newer) and any iPad Pro model.
iOS 11 or later is required to play the game, with the initial download coming in at around 4 GB.