Adobe on Wednesday announced Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere Elements 2018 for Mac with a focus on enhancing the photo and video editing experience.
According to the company, this year’s releases feature automated editing taking advantage of sophisticated content intelligence and some fun new Guided Edits that walk you through how to edit and create great looking photos and videos.
“Being creative with your photos and videos has never been easier,” says the company.
Premiere Elements 2018 automatically extracts best photos from your video footage. It will also auto-trim the bad scenes and keep the good ones based on the style of your video (you can easily customize that automation to your liking).
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 simplifies the selection process with a new Auto Selection tool. Plus, it can automatically copy the open eyes from one photo and blend them into another to fix situations when someone in a group shot has their eyes closed.
Adobe Elements Organizer 2018 automatically curates your photos based on quality, faces, subjects and more, and you can even let the app turn your curated photos and clips into stylish slideshows with customizable themes, music and captions.
Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements come with eight new Guided Edits:
- Swap backgrounds—Replace backgrounds in seconds by selecting the subject of a photo and placing it on a background.
- Create double exposures—Double exposures continue to grow in popularity, but are difficult and time consuming. No more with this new Guided Edit that brings one photo to life within another to create the surreal effect.
- Add artistic overlay effects—Embellish any photo with a shape overlay and one-click effects that make it a work of art (great for scrapbook pages and photo crafts).
- Make amazing watercolors—With this Guided Edit, turn any photo into a beautiful, textured watercolor—and even finish it off with text.
- Create fun bounce-back effects—Get step-by-step help making a segment of your video run forward and backward. Export your bounce-back effect as an animated GIF or short video clip that you can quickly share across social channels.
- Freeze frames with motion titles—This Guided Edit helps you create a freeze frame of your video and add an eye-catching motion title for pro-looking results.
- Fix action cam footage—Eliminate the wide angle fisheye effect of action cams with guidance on how to expertly trim, correct color, and fix lens distortions.
- Create animated social posts—Create a short visual story to share on social media by embellishing a video clip with either static or animated text.