Out of all the smartphone choices out there, it’s probably not wrong to say that iOS has one of the most uninteresting notification systems of them all. Fortunately, those who sport jailbreaks can spice up the notification system up a bit with add-ons.
One of the latest jailbreak tweaks to do just that is a new release called 3Edgy5Me by iOS developer Will Smillie, which brings customizable Galaxy S8-style notifications to iPhone and iPad.
When you get notifications after installing the tweak, you’ll see a dazzling new animation surrounding the edges of your screen, like so:
As we implied earlier, the tweak is customizable. You can head over to the Settings app to find a preference pane loaded with options:
Here, you can:
- Toggle the tweak on or off on demand
- Display the animation on the Lock screen
- Show the animation throughout SpringBoard
- Only show the animation of blank, black screens
- Choose the animation style you would like to use:
- Pick a color for the animation
- Select a width for the lines
- Customize the animation speed
- Change the animation duration
You can modify the way your notification animations look anytime you want to, but a respring is needed to save your changes. Fortunately, a convenient respring button is available from the main Settings page.
While 3Edgy5Me is polarizing from the stock iOS notification experience, it’s a fun, quirky, and unique addition. I can’t speak for everyone because opinions will always differ, but I think it’s worth trying out, even if for just a few minutes.
What are your thoughts on the new aesthetic provided by 3Edgy5Me? Share in the comments section below!