If you want a more powerful App Switcher, then perhaps a good place to start is with a new jailbreak tweak called SwitcherControls by iOS developer DGh0st.
Immediately reminiscent of the multi-center feature from a prior jailbreak tweak release known as Auxo 3, SwitcherControls combines both the App Switcher and Control Center interfaces into one, yielding what you see above.
The interface is laden with shortcuts; by default, the top gets you to your flashlight, timer, calculator, and camera, while the bottom consists of your toggles for Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, and Rotation Lock. You can also swipe up on the grabber on the bottom section to reveal more controls, including Night Shift, AirPlay mirroring, and AirDrop receiving.
Whenever you’re playing music, the tweak will automatically display the Now Playing interface so you can control your playback:
Just as you would in the normal App Switcher, you can swipe up on application cards to force-quit apps; nothing has changed there. On the other hand, you will soon learn that all of the interface is completely customizable…
SwitcherControls adds a preferences pane to the Settings app where you’ll be able to configure the look and feel:
From the main preferences pane, you can toggle the tweak on or off and respring you save your changes. You can also access two different cells: Section Layout and Advanced Options.
From the Section Layout pane, you can configure the following options:
- What appears in the top section
- What appears in the bottom sticky section
- What appears in the bottom expandable section
- What gets hidden from the interface completely
Your options include:
- Quick launch shortcuts
- Settings toggles
- Brightness slider
- Night Shift and AirPlay/AirDrop
- Volume slider
From the Advanced Options pane, you can configure the following options:
- Make the Control Center gesture open SwitcherControls
- Choose apps to disable the gesture in
- Configure interactive swipe-up gesture
- Choose a custom animation speed
- Choose the blur style you wish to see
- Extra light
- Choose the default page
- Display the media page by default whenever media is playing
- Hide Night Shift and AirPlay/AirDrop labels in portrait and/or landscape orientation
- Configure the height of the top section in portrait orientation
- Configure the height of the top section in landscape orientation
- Configure the height of the bottom section in portrait orientation
- Configure the height of the bottom section in landscape orientation
- Configure the portrait orientation scale
- Configure the landscape orientation scale
- Scale icons and labels based on orientation
- Configure background alpha level for the multi-slider
That about wraps things up for the tweak’s configuration, and as you can see, there’s an extensive list of options; enough to satisfy almost anyone.
SwitcherControls is probably one of my favorite App Switcher mods for jailbroken iOS 10 devices to date, and if you’re interested in giving it a try for yourself, it can be downloaded for $1.50 from Cydia’s BigBoss repository.
As a side note, don’t forget to pair this tweak with Kaze for a more complete Auxo-like experience on iOS 10.
Do you like the new interface provided by SwitcherControls? Share why or why not in the comments section below.