It was fun while it lasted: the age of Apple’s discounted USB-C adapters and dongles is over as of today. But don’t you worry as we just updated our roundups of cheaper USB-C adapters and USB-C cables from third-party vendors that you may need for your new MacBook Pro.
Following complaints from customers regarding the need for various dongles, Apple temporarily discounted many USB-C peripherals sold in its stores as a way to assuage their concerns. The limited-time deals were supposed to end on December 31, 2016 but the company extended the price cuts until March 31, 2017.
Check out iDownloadBlog’s roundups of cheaper USB-C accessories:
As a reminder, Apple originally discounted the following USB-C accessories:
- USB-C to USB Adapter (from $19 to $9)
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (from $49 to $29)
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (1m) (from $25 to $19)
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (2m) (from $35 to $29)
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (from $69 to $49)
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter (from $69 to $49)
If you rely on legacy USB connectors to get work done, the new MacBook Pro’s USB-C-only ports leave you in the dark unless you buy dongles.