In addition to the new iOS 10, tvOS 10 and macOS Sierra betas, Apple on Tuesday also pushed a second beta of watchOS 3 (build number “14S5278d”) for the Apple Watch to members of the Apple Developer Program. An over-the-air update is available via the companion Watch app on a paired iPhone running an iOS 10 beta.
We’ll be updating this article with any changes discovered in watchOS 3 beta 2 as we encounter them.
Other developer updates
Apple today released the following OS-related updates for developers:
- iOS 10 beta 2 (build 14A5297c)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 2 (build 16A239j)
- watchOS 3 beta 2 (build 14S5278d)
- tvOS beta 2 (build 14T5284d)
- Xcode 8 beta 2 (build 8S162m)
- Apple Configurator 2.3 beta 2 (build 3D27)
- Apple TV Remote 1.0 beta 2 (build 1A135)
- Safari 10 beta 2 (build 11602.1.38.4) for OS X El Capitan and Yosemite
watchOS 3 availability
watchOS 3 Preview and WatchKit for watchOS 3 are currently available to iOS Developer Program members at Apple’s portal for developers. Apple has officially confirmed that watchOS 3 will officially release for public consumption in the fall as a free software update to the Apple Watch.
For more information, visit Apple’s watchOS 3 Preview webpage.
If you spot new features and other changes in watchOS 3 beta 2, let us know in the comments and we’ll update the article accordingly.