Following release of the free iOS 9 software update with new features and core OS enhancements for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, Apple on Wednesday also issued a matching update to iTunes for Mac and Windows PCs.
The new iTunes 12.3 introduces OS X El Capitan-friendly design while enabling support for Apple IDs protected with two-factor authentication and syncing with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices with iOS 9.
iTunes 12.3 changelog
A 233-megabyte download, this update to iTunes adds support for iOS 9 and is designed for OS X El Capitan.
- Improves Apple Music accessibility with VoiceOver.
- Resolves a problem that prevented reordering of songs within Up Next.
- Fixes a problem where some radio stations did not appear within Recently Played.
- Addresses an issue where songs you loved on iOS did not appear loved on iTunes.
- Supports two-factor authentication to secure your Apple ID.
In addition, this update includes improvements to overall stability and performance.
You can update your existing copy of iTunes for Mac by opening the Mac App Store app and visiting the Updates tab. Alternatively, open iTunes on your Mac and select Check for Updates in the iTunes menu.
If you’re on Windows, choose Check for Updates in iTunes’ Help menu or open the Apple Software Update application from the Start menu.
A standalone iTunes installer can be grabbed from Apple’s website.