Following their unveilings on Wednesday, Apple has made both the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus available for online pre-order. As usual, folks initially had a hard time getting orders to through on Apple’s website, and I had a terrible time with AT&T, but all portals should be working now.
If you’re still having issues, we highly recommend trying out the Apple Store app, which you can download here. It offers a more streamlined buying experience and supports Apple Pay. For those trying to pre-order an unlocked iPhone, you may want to check out our tutorial here.
While they don’t look like it from the outside, the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus offer substantial improvements over their predecessors. This includes, but isn’t limited to, a faster processor, much better cameras, and a feature called 3D Touch, a brand new way to interact with your phone.
The iPhone 6s will start at $199 and the 6s Plus at $299, for a 16GB on-contract model. Then of course you’ll add $100 for 64GB and $100 more for 128GB. Unlocked iPhone models start at $649 and $749, respectively. If you’re looking for a deal, check out T-Mobile’s 6s promotion.
For more info on the iPhone 6s, check out the links below:
- Apple unveils new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus with 3D Touch, 12MP camera with 4K video capture & more
- 3D Touch: a brand new way to interact with your iPhone
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus price and availability
- Apple brings your photos to life with Live Photos
- Apple announces iPhone Upgrade Program: get a new iPhone every year starting at $32/month
- Have a look at Apple’s new iPhone docks and cases
- Weight, size, and battery life: how iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus compare to their predecessors
- 3D Touch: how Peek and Quick Actions will change how you interact with your iPhone
- If you want a gold iPhone, you’ll have to buy the iPhone 6s
It took me a while, but I was able to pre-order a 64GB iPhone 6s in white/silver. Were you able to get your pre-order in? What color/model did you go with?