Apple released a significant update for Logic Pro X Wednesday afternoon, bringing the popular pro audio software to version 10.1. The update includes an expanded sound library, support for Mail Drop and Air Drop in OS X Yosemite, and a number of other new features and improvements.
The expanded sound library contains over 200 new synth patches and 10 classic Mellotron instruments. There are also 10 new Drummers capable of producing beats in a variety of hiphop and electronic styles including Techno, House and Dubstep. We’ve posted the full 10.1 change log below.
- 10 new Drummers that produce beats in a variety of electronic and hip hop styles including Techno, House, Trap, Dubstep and more
- Drummer provides specialized sound and performance controls for dialing in electronic or hip hop drum grooves
- New Drum Machine Designer plug-in offers new sounds and features for customizing electronic drum kits in a variety of styles
- Create a sequence of notes with a single mouse gesture using the new Brush Tool in the Piano Roll Editor
- New view options in the Piano Roll Editor let you see more notes in less vertical space and help identify drum sounds by name
- Easily compress or expand the timing of selected notes with new time handles in the Piano Roll Editor
- Note Repeat and Spot Erase modes allow classic drum machine style techniques for creating beats in realtime
- Smart Quantize proportionally corrects the timing and length of notes to preserve the musicality of your original performance
- Redesigned Compressor plug-in features scalable, Retina-ready interface and 7 models including the new Classic VCA
- Retro Synth can now create wavetables from imported audio and is able to stack up to 8 voices
- Expanded sound library includes over 200 new synth patches and 10 classic Mellotron instruments
- Automation can now be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
- Manage large-scale mixes more easily with the addition of console-style VCA faders
- Relative and Trim Automation modes extend the options for fine-tuning existing automation
- Mixer now allows remote control of microphone and other input settings for compatible audio interfaces
- Realtime rendering of fades allow them to work with Flex Pitch and speeds up project load times
- The Plug-in Manager now allows you to customize the organization of your menu
- Support for Mail Drop and Air Drop in OS X Yosemite makes it even easier to share your Logic projects
Launched in 2013, Logic Pro X is the latest version of Apple’s premier audio workstation software, used by high profile musicians and producers around the world. It offers tools for songwriting, editing, mixing and other production tasks, wrapped in a modern interface designed to be efficient and powerful.
Version 10.1 is a free update for current Logic Pro X owners, otherwise you can find the app in the Mac App Store for $199.