In addition to launching the iOS 8.1.1 software update with bug fixes and performance improvements for the A5-powered devices running iOS 8, such as the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4s, Apple on Monday pushed the official OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 software update for Mac desktops and notebooks.
The software contains plenty of bug fixes while improving Wi-Fi performance on some Macs following numerous user complaints about intermittent Wi-Fi issues. It also contains enhancements for enterprise users and many other improvements to make your Mac more stable.
OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 changelog
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability
- Improves reliability when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server
- Resolves an issue that may prevent Mail from sending messages through certain email service providers
- Addresses an issue prevents connecting to remote computers using Back to My Mac
- Resolves an issue where sharing services, Notification Center widgets and Actions may not be available
- Addresses an issue that could cause Notification Center settings to not be retained after a restart
- Addresses an issue that might prevent the Mac App Store from displaying certain updates
- Addresses an issue that could prevent some Mac mini computers from waking from sleep
- Resolves an issue that might prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups
- Addresses an issue that might prevent entering text in Japanese
- Allows you to append search domains for partially qualified domain names when performing DNS lookups (consult the discovered man page for more information)
- Addresses an issue where the Mac App Store might offer an update to Apple Remote Desktop when the latest version is already installed
The update is recommended for all Yosemite users as it improves the stability and compatibility of your Mac, Apple writes in the support document accompanying the 311.8-megabyte download.
Detailed information about the security content of the OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 update can be seen in an Apple support document here.
You can download the standalone OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 update direct from Apple or use the Updates tab of the Mac App Store on your Mac in order to deploy a delta update for your system.