Your Home Phone service from Time Warner Cable is no longer limited by physical location as the nation’s second largest cable company behind Comcast revealed a new iPhone application Tuesday.
Dubbed Phone 2 Go and available as a free download from the App Store, the software allows existing TWC Home Phone subscribers to use text, voice and video calling for no additional fees.
In addition, you can decide whether you’d like to use your Home Phone service to receive voice and video calls and text messages on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad anywhere there’s Wi-Fi or cellular coverage, including overseas.
Indeed, world travelers can use Phone 2 Go and free Wi-Fi hotspots to check on their voicemail, use voice and other Home Phone services without worrying about cellular voice overages and high international calling rates.
Built-in voicemail management lets you listen to the messages made to your Home Phone and provides access to the visual voicemail features. Phone 2 Go also includes privacy features and supports up to five devices registered on your Home Phone line.
Home Phone starts at $10 per month to make unlimited calls to the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico, with low-cost international calling plans available as well.
- Choose to receive voice calls, video calls and text messages made to their home phone number on their mobile devices
- Choose to make voice calls and send text messages through their home phone service from their mobile devices
- Manage voicemail – view and pick up messages made to their Home Phone
- Send calls and texts to up to five devices registered to the home phone line, making it easier to stay in touch with family and friends
- Customize privacy, call settings and even get access to visual voicemail
Phone 2 Go is compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 6.0 and higher.
[App Store via Time Warner Cable PR]