Corel, the Canadian software developer behind long-time hit titles like CorelDRAW and Paint Shop Pro, has released a new app for iPhone today called ‘Pinnacle Studio.’ It’s a powerful video editing app that offers a wide range of editing features and special effects.
Looking to spruce up a home video? Pinnacle’s montage templates allow you to create multi-layer 3D animations, transitions and titles. Want hi-def? The app supports video shot in 24, 25 and 30 fps and outputs in full-1080p. Keep reading for a full overview…
From the App Store description:
For people who want to have true, creative movie-making power on their iPhone! Edit video, audio and photos at the speed of your creativity. Swiftly arrange your clips on the Storyboard, without giving up the precision and control of the full Timeline. Add transitions, and speed and montage effects. Create and customize titles, and build soundtracks for your movies. Enjoy 1080p output and share your movie directly to YouTube, Facebook and Box, or send your project to Pinnacle Studio for iPad (available in the App Store) to continue editing on the go!
And some of the app’s top features:
– Use the “Open In” feature to open compatible files from other Mail or Web apps
– Transfer projects (with media) between Pinnacle Studio for iPhone (or iPod Touch) and Pinnacle Studio for iPad using AirDrop
– Help your story flow with 16 transitions, including high-quality dissolves, fades and more
– Generate professional-looking motion titles and graphics with full control over text, font, color, size, position and rotation
– Full 64-bit support for new iPhones
– Includes 3 tracks of audio + AV sync audio to mix your movie soundtrack
– Trim audio to any length, modify the speed, set levels and fade audio in or out
This is only a fraction of the features. You can also create slow motion/fast motion for video and audio and maintain audio pitch, as well as amazing picture-in-picture effects with full customization. And if you need help, Corel has included video how-tos and tutorials.
I haven’t used other movie editing apps enough to give Corel any kind of recommendation, but in broad strokes it looks impressive and well-worth consideration. You can find the new Pinnacle Studio app for iPhone in the App Store for $9.99. The iPad version is $12.99.