Hot on the heels of its major Aston Martin update last month, the folks at EA have posted another new version of its popular Real Racing 3 game today that brings about new ‘open wheel’ vehicles, an expanded roster and more.
The new vehicles fall under the new ‘Open Wheelers’ category, and include classics such as the Caterham Seven 620R, Ariel Atom 3.5 and Atom V8. The 2014 Porsche 911 RSR and Hyundai Veloster Turbo have also been added…
Here are your full 2.2.0 release notes:
Real Racing 3 pushes itself to the limit with brand new Open Wheeler vehicles. Strap in, take control, and experience a whole new dynamic of the Real Racing experience. With Le Mans on the horizon, prepare yourself to take on the ultimate endurance race.
• Open Wheelers – Leap into the Caterham Seven 620R, KTM X-Bow R, Ariel Atom 3.5, and Ariel Atom V8.
• Roster Expanded – Porsche 911 RSR (2014) and Hyundai Veloster Turbo join the roster.
• The Road to Le Mans – Get ready for the world’s foremost endurance racing spectacle with this special live event. Unlock limited edition customizations and the official Porsche 911 RSR (2014) livery.
• Hyundai Veloster Turbo Time Trial Competition – Win a trip to Italy, plus brand new community goals to unlock customization options.
• Customization & Photo Mode Expanded – New Curves vinyl pack and new photo filters.
• Car Collections – Visit your friends and rivals and check out their cars and customizations.
And here’s your promotional clip from EA:
As most of you know, ‘open wheel’ vehicles are very fast and very light. In fact, the Ariel Atom V8 car added in today’s update (seen in the photo above) goes 0-60mph in 1.9 seconds. That’s faster than the Porsche 911 RSR by .3 seconds.
At any rate, Real Racing 3 is a ‘freemium title,’ meaning it’s free to play but you’ll be encouraged to snag some in-app purchases. Still, the game is well-reviewed and can be found in the App Store for the iPhone/iPad if you’re interested.