Good news for 90’s gamers this morning as the classic action-adventure game ‘Little Big Adventure’ is now available in the App Store. This means you can download the title, which first launched on the PC back in 1994, to your iPhone or iPad and let the nostalgia kick in.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, Little Big Adventure is considered a real-time pseudo-3D isometric game. You play as Twinsen, a young hero living on Citadel Island on a world ruled by the evil dictator Dr. FunFrock, who is charged with protecting his planet…
From the App Store description:
You play as Twinsen, a young hero living on Citadel Island on a world under the heel of the dictator Dr. FunFrock. You’ve been having strange dreams in which your planet is about to be destroyed. These dreams don’t make Dr. FunFrock particularly happy, and he locks you away in an insane asylum. As Twinsen, you’ll need to escape from your cell and discover your incredible destiny as a descendant of a long line of magicians in charge of protecting your planet’s secret!
And here’s a list of the game’s top features:
– New gameplay adapted to ‘ touch’ mode, adjustable throwing and jumping distance (visible trajectory), simplified sections, etc…
– Streamlined, easy-to-use interface
– Tutorials at the start of the game
– Dynamic ON/OFF hint system
– Zoom feature to provide an overview of the scenes
– Automatic save system, with return to the last checkpoint when you lose a life
– 5 languages available: English, French, German, (voices and text) – Italian and Spanish (text only, voices in English).
– Over 15 hours of gameplay
– A rich and varied blend of platform, combat and puzzle gaming
– An entire planet with dozens of different locations to discover
And finally some gameplay footage via TouchArcade:
I personally never got into this game in the 90’s, but I know how fun it is to play a good port of a classic title. So even if you’re not a fan of the franchise, it might be worth checking out. Again, you can find Little Big Adventure in the App Store for $4 (introductory pricing).