Feral Interactive today released a Mac version of last year’s Tomb Raider reboot for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game is available exclusively on the Mac App Store starting today and will be coming to Steam on January 30.
A young Lara Croft gets shipwrecked on an uncharted island and… Well, you know the drill. You’ll be scavenging the island’s vital resources, upgrade Lara’s gear, improving her exploration, combat and survival skills and what not.
In terms of game mechanics, expect a lot of jumping and climbing through dense forests, mountains and WWII bunkers “to discover how an ordinary young woman became Lara Croft”…
The plot is typical for Tomb Raider games.
When a young Lara Croft is shipwrecked on an uncharted island, she enters a fight for survival armed with nothing but her instincts. Help Lara perfect her natural gifts as she embarks on a perilous journey to save her friends and escape the island’s murderous inhabitants.
Check out the trailer.
The game packs quite a punch in terms of visuals.
Key features include:
- Take control of Lara Croft and guide her progress from amateur archeologist to seasoned adventurer.
- From death-defying leaps to grueling climbs, harness Lara’s athleticism to carve a path through the untamed wilderness of a mysterious island.
- Confront Yamatai’s deranged inhabitants with a motley assortment of weapons – Lara will need to find new parts to turn them into truly devastating armaments.
- Acquire advanced survival skills to forage for extra supplies and navigate almost impassable terrain.
- Enhance Lara’s combat prowess by mastering brutal takedowns to dispatch stunned enemies.
- Salvage scrap to upgrade your equipment, such as rope arrows and the pry axe, then use them to access new areas and discover concealed treasure.
- Delve into the island’s disturbing past by hunting down lost diaries and defeating devious puzzle tombs.
- Explore Yamatai’s stunning locales; leap between rooftops in sprawling villages, creep through eerie caves and traverse the precarious bowels of ancient shipwrecks.
You can learn more about the game at the official website.
The massive 12.27GB download requires a 2.0GHz or faster Intel-based Mac with 4GB of RAM, 14GB of free storage space, a graphics card with 512MB of VRAM and OS X 10.9.1 or later.
If you’re going to be playing Tomb Raider in multiplayer, you’ll have to purchase the game through Steam because Mac-to-Mac online component requires a Steam account.
The game is scheduled to hit Steam January 30.
If you’d rather play the 1996 classic game on iOS, download the original Tomb Raider I for the iPhone and iPad, available in the App Store for 99 cents.