Following a lengthy sale on its 1Password app for iOS, AgileBits has begun offering a discount on the Mac version of its password manager. For a limited time, you can get the Mac application for 30% off its regular $50 price.
The deal comes just a week before Christmas, but the developers say that the reason for the promotion is in celebration of the fact that Apple has just named 1Password for Mac as one of the best Mac App Store apps of 2o13…
From the Mac App Store:
Every day there are new passwords to remember. If you create new ones they are often forgotten. If you use the same passwords over and over again you become vulnerable. 1Password solves all these problems.
– Create strong, unique passwords for every site
– Secure your data behind a single Master Password
– Protect yourself with tamper-proof Authenticated 256-bit AES Encryption
– Auto-Lock keeps your data protected even if your Mac is lost or stolen
– Use Security Audit to make your passwords stronger
– Automatically log into websites using your favorite browsers
– Fill credit cards and signup forms with a single click
– Quickly access your data from anywhere using 1Password mini
– Open websites and automatically submit login information using Go & Fill bookmarks
– Never again waste time on forgotten passwords
And here’s 1Password in action:
To be honest, I’ve been waiting for the Mac client to go on sale. I’ve been a user of the 1Password iOS apps for a while now, but I just wasn’t sure I needed to pay $50 for the Mac version. At 30% off, though, the choice was easy.
If you’re interested, you can find 1Password in the Mac App Store, for $34.99 for a limited time.